Who are we?
We are a locally owned, women and aboriginal controlled small business headquartered in Victoria, BC, with 22 employees and growing. Our team delivers cutting-edge Technology Enabled Learning (TEL) systems that empower people and advanced data analytics and software development that enable critical decision making. Our core technologies include Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Simulation, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. We focus on the Aerospace and Defence industry.
We are very proud of our diverse executive leadership, management, and workforce. RaceRocks has been incorporated for 9 years, and has won “Technology Leader of the Year” (Anita Pawluk), “Tech Company of the Year”, “Team of the Year”, and Canadian Professional Accountants (CPA) “Face of Innovation” (Anita Pawluk).
Who Are You?
You are an inspiring Picasso for the digital world. You believe that your colour, shape and placement choices gives your audience and users clear, frictionless navigational or informational choices. You understand the fundamentals, and what makes best of breed user interface experiences today, and looking for opportunities to define the future. You are excited by the challenges of different mediums, and what good UI means in those spaces (VR/AR/MR/Mobile).
You are a creative who is not satisfied doing one thing, always striving to build and broaden your skills with new challenges and new visual mediums and toolsets.
What’s the Job?
You will work with a high functioning, motivated and passionate group of developers, artists and product owners on creating next generation of technology enabled training in rich and immersive media environments.
You will work closely with an Art Lead and Product owners helping develop and enforce a brands style guide, helping crafting intuitive experience for the learners of tomorrow.
Level: Junior to Intermediate
Salary Expectations Range 2020: $48,000 – $62,000
What will you do?
- Work closely with a team of 3D modellers, 2D Artists and Product Owners on design and developing media and game environment User Interfaces
- Work with your Art Lead on defining and developing customer style guides
- Be a vocal and active participant in early planning, scoping and prioritization
- Own the quality of your work, and work collaborative with fellow artists on receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Actively listen to customers, aligning their goals with sound UI principles
Artist – User Interface/ Graphic Design
RaceRocks3D is looking for an experienced and passionate UI and Graphic Artist that is ready to join a spitfire team in revolutionizing the eLearning experience of professionals in industries such as aerospace and defense. We specialize in gamified learning with interactive multimedia and VR simulation where we strive to create learning experiences that are immersive, compelling and educational.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, product owners and subject matter experts.You will collaboratively work with clients, Learning Experts and stakeholders to design, test and implement visual design decisions for a learners user experience journey, ensuring a smooth and intuitive interaction across a spectrum of technology platforms and learning objectives.
Day to day responsibilities of a RaceRocks UI Ninja….
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, designers, product owners, subject matter experts and senior stakeholders
- Design, create and implement user interface systems that are visually appealing, intuitive and effective
- Design and create high-quality artistic UI elements by relying on expertise in standard software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Can develop visual proof of concepts such as wireframes, and be able to own or partially own development of a products style guide
- Be able to conceptualize and develop visual mocks based on client or product owners needs
What you should bring…
- Three or more years of experience and proven track record.
- Some hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of layout, composition, colour theory and typography
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Be open to receiving objective feedback
- Preference for candidates with some additional art experience (3D modelling, 2D Art, video editing, etc).
- Portfolio of most recent work
You’ll have the opportunity to…
- Work with an award-winning team in our open concept office in downtown Victoria.
- Take advantage of benefits including health, dental, and an extensive professional development package.
- Enjoy perks such as flexible hours, a start-up vibe with a stable foundation, a central downtown location, and a community that prides itself on inclusion, diversity, and equal opportunity.
- Work collaboratively and imaginatively on cutting edge VR and AR projects… and when we say cutting-edge, we mean it.
- All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All candidates must be willing to undergo a security assessment for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume and portfolio to Yuki Izawa: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.