RaceRocks 3D has an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial spirited team member in Vancouver, BC Canada. The Full Stack Developer will work for various government and aerospace clients.
RaceRocks 3D Inc., is focused on creating serious games and simulation applications that facilitate the gamification of business, job functions and career training. We focus on creating an open, respectful, and transparent working environment that encourages a solid work-life balance for our team.
The successful candidate must be willing to undergo a security assessment for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and Industrial Security Program.
The Full Stack Developer has experience with both front end and back end technologies for web based products. The successful candidate may have more experience in either front or back end at least at an Intermediate Level as long as they have some competency and capacity to grow in both as over time we are looking for this person to groom into taking full development point on certain project initiatives.
- Designs specifications to develop or modify complex software programming applications
- Designs specific applications or parts of applications
- Codes and works with the testers to debug for specific applications using common development languages
- Follows and verifies compliance of established technical standards for quality; ensures adherence to development standards and guidelines
- Annotates and verifies programs and documents in accordance with company standards, policies and work processes
- Consults and raises concerns with the project team
- Conducts code review of the other developers on the team
- Collaborates with Product Development team members to support the deployment of software into client applications, environment or operations
- Works under minimal supervision and manages and schedules own time
- Participates in daily/weekly Scrums with the Scrum Master to “team up” in providing program reporting status
- Participates as a team member in stand ups, backlog grooming, planning and retrospectives
- Scripting Frameworks
- Experience using CSS pre-processors (SASS / LESS / Post-CSS)
- Experience using D3.js or similar charting library
- Web services
- Experience working with JSON and Restful web services
- Experience with Apache Web Server Administration
- Experience with Python
- Strong, in depth knowledge and experience in SQL/PLSQL
- Ability to work in both Unix/Linux and Windows environment
- Experience with version control systems (GIT, Jira, Version One)
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- The ability to clearly communicate with other team members
Desired Skills (but not necessary)
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile principles for way of working
- Big Data
- Experience with Big Data, MongoDB, Spark/Hadoop considered an asset
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, computer engineering or equivalent
- Java certification an asset
- All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All candidates must be willing to undergo a security assessment for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume and portfolio to Yuki Izawa: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.