Salary Expectations Range 2020: $82,000 – $91,000
Who Are You?
You are an inspiring leader whose growth mindset will nurture creative teams.
You are a seasoned and passionate veteran of the digital world, with a proven track record of designing and delivering high quality experiences.
You are a conceptualist and innovator, creating and refining digital experiences and interfaces for immersive experiences and interactions.
You are an expert in cutting-edge UI techniques and can navigate the balance between aesthetics and functionality to create a single, seamless user experience.
What’s the Job?
We’re searching for an experienced Art Leader to take the helm of our art department, bridging the gap between client vision and an extremely talented team of 2D and 3D artists who are known for exceptional creativity. The ideal Lead Artist will bring a mix of artistic, marketing, and business expertise to the position, promoting our company and that of our valued clients. We are looking for an experienced manager, who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience.
What will you do?
- Oversee the art department by hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring staff
- Establish art department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service
- Ensure team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support design operations
- Collaborate with marketing and sales divisions in creating marketing collateral
- Develop presentation approaches, styles, and techniques for the team to implement
- Collaborate on a team of 3D modellers, 2D Artists, Product Owners, Learning Designers and Developers to design and oversee rich UI/UX experiences across multiple platforms and mediums
- Be able to jump in to create art pieces when required.
- Apply leading-edge UI techniques and customer and Product Owner feedback to align with product goals with sound UI principles
- Work closely with the Principle Artist to define and develop a balance between the aesthetics and interactive functional requirements of the product
- Actively listen to customers and the product leads, aligning their goals with sound UI principles for the target audience
- Work with clients to understand their requirements and vision and ensure quality on graphic design, animation and modelling
- Act as a liaison between project & product management and our customers
Who are we?
We redefine learning by doing. Our diverse team delivers immersive and decision-driven learning products that empower people to make critical decisions. We build training systems using Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Simulation, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence for our partners in the Aerospace and Defence industries.
RaceRocks3D is a locally owned, women and Indigenous-led small business headquartered in Victoria, BC, with offices in Vancouver and Toronto. We are proud of our diverse executive leadership, management, and workforce. We are a CCAB Certified Aboriginal Business with an Indigenous, female President/CEO. RaceRocks has won “Technology Leader of the Year” (Anita Pawluk), “Tech Company of the Year”, “Team of the Year”, and Canadian Professional Accountants (CPA) “Face of Innovation” (Anita Pawluk).
- All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All candidates must be willing to undergo a security assessment for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume to Yuki Izawa: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.