Level: Intermediate/ Senior
Salary Range (2020): $60,000 – $83,000
Work Location: Remote, anywhere in Canada
Who Are You?
You believe learning should be fun and engaging. You look to technology for learning solutions—YouTube has helped you fix your bike or re-pack your tent.
Your superhero name could be “The Synthesizer”. You excel at taking complex ideas and making them accessible. You have a knack for outlining learning objectives and proposing solutions to help learners optimize performance. True satisfaction for you is finding a creative solution to solve a puzzle.
You bring empathy and clear communication to everything you do. Collaboration is your jam. You value the different perspectives on your team and thrive in an open and diverse environment.
You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and willing to undergo a security assessment for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
What’s the Job?
As a Learning Designer, you will contribute and/or own the design and development of immersive, decision-driven training systems under the guidance of our Product Owners. In our flexible, AGILE workplace, you will collaborate with a team including Subject Matter Experts, Developers and Artists.
You will be the learner’s advocate. Applying your instructional design, writing and content creation skills, you will design and build engaging learning experiences using tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Captivate, and Articulate.
What will you do?
- Collaborate to determine a client’s training needs:
- Get to know learners and their characteristics, the tasks of a position, and what successful performance of these tasks looks like.
- Work with the client or subject matter experts to identify resources for developing learning materials.
- Support clients in understanding the best media and technologies to meet training needs
- Break down complex information into an engaging and easy to understand format:
- Create storyboards for eLearning courses, 3D task trainers, and serious games according to instructional design principles.
- Examine, review and correct content for clear and consistent delivery.
- Produce and publish media-rich, responsive content:
- Create interactions and assemble course content using eLearning software.
- Test Distributed Learning packages in Learning Management Systems (LMS) and assessing effectiveness, including SCORM/xAPI reporting.
- Work with other Learning Designers to grow and enhance your discipline expertise and best practices.
Who are we?
We are a locally owned, growing small business headquartered in Victoria, BC but the team works virtually. We are very proud of our diverse executive leadership, management, and workforce led by an Indigenous woman. RaceRocks has won “Technology Leader of the Year” (Anita Pawluk), “Tech Company of the Year”, “Team of the Year”, and Canadian Professional Accountants (CPA) “Face of Innovation” (Anita Pawluk).
We are redefining learning by doing. Our diverse team delivers immersive and decision-driven learning products that empower people to make critical decisions. As Learning Designers, Developers, and Artists, we build training systems using Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Simulation, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence for our partners in the Aerospace and Defence industries.
- All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All candidates must be willing to undergo a security assessment for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume to Yuki Izawa: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.