Level: Intermediate to Senior
Salary Range (2020): $78,000 – $90,000
Work Location: Remote, anywhere in Canada
Who Are You?
You excel at taking complex ideas and making them accessible. You have experience applying this skill as a designer and leader: while liaising with a client, building a lesson, or leading a team.
You have overseen the development of learning products—from start to finish—and aren’t afraid to jump in and build content.
You are an organizational superstar! You can clearly articulate the details of a task to a team, address problems and create solutions all the while balancing the needs of clients and stakeholders.
Your superhero name could be “The Collaborator”. You value the different perspectives on your team and thrive in an open and diverse environment, bringing empathy and clear communication to everything you do.
What’s the Job?
As a Product Owner, you will collaboratively design and develop immersive, decision-driven training products under the leadership of the Lead Product Owner. You will lead product teams to successfully deliver training products that meet the client’s requirements and defined learning outcomes.
In our flexible, AGILE workplace, you will collaborate with the product team (Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Artists) to execute product development and delivery plans. This includes, facilitating Discovery, building and managing a product backlog, and participating in regular Scrum meetings (backlog grooming, sprint planning, product demos).
You will balance the needs of the client, learner, and team, regularly communicating with internal (Project Manager) and external stakeholders.
What will you do?
- Manage product backlog, client communication, and product quality review
- Contribute to the design and delivery of technology-driven learning experiences (VR, 3D task trainers, and eLearning or distributed courseware)
- Create product management documentation (Project Charters, Discovery Plans, Project Closure, etc.)
- Oversee the production of design documents (Training Plans, scripts, storyboards, etc.)
- Communicate with internal team members to build out product backlog, including creating user stories and success criteria
- Develop client relationships and trust through regular updates, including addressing risks, issues, and creating resolution/mitigation plans
- Work with a Project Manager to effectively manage resources and keep products within scope and budget
Who are we?
We are a locally owned, growing small business headquartered in Victoria, BC but the team works virtually. We are very proud of our diverse executive leadership, management, and workforce led by an Indigenous woman. RaceRocks has won “Technology Leader of the Year” (Anita Pawluk), “Tech Company of the Year”, “Team of the Year”, and Canadian Professional Accountants (CPA) “Face of Innovation” (Anita Pawluk).
We are redefining learning by doing. Our diverse team delivers immersive and decision-driven learning products that empower people to make critical decisions. As Learning Designers, Developers, and Artists, we build training systems using Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Simulation, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence for our partners in the Aerospace and Defence industries.
- All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All candidates must be willing to undergo a security assessment for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume to Yuki Izawa: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.